If you have been a member of INSSA for at least one year and hold a valid SRMP-C Certification, then this opportunity is for you!
International NGO Safety & Security Association (INSSA) and the Centre for Safety & Development (CSD) are excited to launch the first INSSA - CSD NGO Security Risk Management Excellence Awards programme to recognise and celebrate non-profit NGO Security Risk Management excellence at the community, country, and regional levels.
Applications are invited for the following Award categories:
- Rising Star: The candidate for this category must be a security risk management (SRM) professional under 35 years of age or with less than five (05) years of NGO SRM experience (one of the two conditions must be met) who has demonstrated potential and commitment to Non-Profit NGO Security Risk Management.
- SRM Innovator: The candidate for this category must have displayed innovative SRM concepts or practices, introduced or developed new systems, or created SRM models that have successfully been applied at the community, country, or regional level.
- Outstanding Achiever: The candidate applying for this category must have displayed superior SRM leadership in all essential SRM competencies, which are: (i) Risk Assessment/Principles; (ii) Policies and Protocols; (iii) Leadership, Management, and Implementation; and (iv) Critical Incident Response.
- The candidate MUST be a current INSSA member and must have held INSSA membership for at least one year.
- MUST hold a valid SRMP-Country Level Certification.
- MUST be working at the community, country, or regional level instead of holding a global position. Their nomination must also be based on SRM professional excellence demonstrated at the community, country, or regional levels.
- MUST be willing to provide two professional references, including one from their current supervisor (if employed).
- Must read and agree to the Official Rules.
- You must complete all required information on the Application Form and meet the Eligibility Criteria to be considered for an INSSA-CSD Excellence Award.
- Applications must be submitted online or via email on or before June 15, 2023, at 23:59 UTC (Universal Time Coordinated).
- There is one (1) Award per category in the amount of $1,000 (USD) each. You may apply for more than one Award category, but no applicant will be selected for more than one Award.
- The Award recipients will be selected by a panel of judges.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a panel interview in Aug or Sep 2023 using the contact information provided in their Application Forms. The Award recipients will be announced on or about October 31, 2023.
- All decisions are final.
- Failure to respond to any Award recipient notification within 5 (five) days may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Award recipient.
- Each Award recipient may be required to sign a Declaration of Eligibility and Release Form.
- This Award programme is subject to all applicable laws, including tax laws that may require withholding of a portion of an Award to any non-U.S. recipient. Award recipients are responsible for all taxes that may be due on the Award. Award recipients should seek advice from a tax professional concerning the tax implications of this award.
- This Award programme is not open to residents of any jurisdiction subject to U.S. comprehensive sanctions, including but not limited to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Russia, Syria, and the Crimea, Donetsk, and Luhansk regions of Ukraine.
- The application and submission forms are only available in English. All submissions and supporting documents must also be in English.
- All applicants must be 21 years of age or older.
- By submitting your application, you agree to the Official Rules and INSSA’s Terms of Service and acknowledge INSSA and CSD’s privacy policies (here and here, respectively).
- By submitting the Application Form electronically, you provide your digital signature certifying that your information and answers are your own work and that you have read the Eligibility Criteria and the Official Rules.
Please apply online https://forms.gle/frPdAG9tD7omoxUY8 or download the MS Word application form.
The application period begins on May 01, 2023 (at 09:00 UTC) and ends on June 15, 2023 (at 23:59 UTC)
If you have any questions, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org