INSSA's members include security professionals, security focal points, risk managers and those who work in fields that link to safety and security risk management. Our members come from humanitarian, development, environmental and human rights organisations, as well as from the private sector, government donor and non-donor agencies, international governmental organizations, academic institutions and private foundations.
As INSSA is an individual membership organisation, our members also include consultants and technical specialists.
Individual Member Benefits
Connect with the over 4,400 INSSA members who have already joined the world's largest individual membership-based, non profit safety and security association.
Education and Professional Development
- Certification: INSSA members have access to the certification process for NGO Security Risk Management Professionals at Country and Regional level. (Global and Executive levels coming soon)
- Continued Professional Development: The Continued Professional Development Platform offers a wealth of revelant, innovating and inspiring resources to maintain and expand your knowledge, skills and career.
Collaboration and Resource Sharing
- Member Directory: INSSA’s online community gives access to the association’s global database of practitioners and NGO security implementers enabling members to contact and share information with each other.
- Briefings, Seminars, and Networking: INSSA occasionally hosts briefings, seminars, and networking events. These events bring together leading subject matter experts from around the world providing insights on issues and concerns facing INSSA members. INSSA also works with its partners and affiliates to develop events on relevant topics, and when possible, extends member discounts on charged fees.
- Member Discounts, Resources, and Gear: INSSA partners with companies across a variety of sectors to obtain member discounts on trainings, services, and equipment. Click here to check out current partner discounts.